dReAmYLaNd

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Conditioning our Mind

I came to work in specs today....
Some people asked "Wah, new specs ah?"
Others asked "Why are u in specs?"
Both questions tell u one thing: You rarely catch me in specs.
In fact, some people don't even know I wear specs.
Reason: I think I look silly in specs.
It used to be, no matter how tired my eyes were...
I'll still turn up in contacts. Bruce says it's bad for my eyes...
So last year for my bday, he bought me a pair of a funky chilli-red specs.
Thanks to his "redemptive" gift... Now some even say I look stylo in specs.
(dun play play ah!)

Anyway... I had a real late night yesterday. That's why I'm in specs today.
But the peculiar thing about me & spectacles is:
it makes me wanna sleep!
The only reason I go public in specs is because I'm feeling super tired.
At the same time, I always feel so lethargic when I am in specs.
After much analysis... i think
the "culprit" is my mind.

To my mind... putting on my specs comes after taking off contacts.
And that is usually followed by going to bed.
So somehow... my mind equates "putting on specs" to "bedtime soon" and conditions me to sleep-mode.

Indeed.... the mind is a powerful entity!
Recently i attended a Neuro-Linguistics Programming (NLP) Training course. Sounds bombastic but it really is a course that teaches u how the brain works. The trainer mentioned our brain associating emotions with places/things/things we have done.
eg. if you always did very well for your exams when you use that particular pen.. just holding that pen before you even start doing your exam paper will make you feel more confident.

POWERFUL STUFF!
Our brain can be conditioned to invoke positive/negative emotions.. which then creates postive/negative ENERGY for what we want/don't want to do.

The Bible is right when it says "As a man thinks, so is he."



1 Comments:

Blogger Mummy Kless said...

haha... same as me.. the moment I put on my specs, I feel like sleeping!! @-@

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home