dReAmYLaNd

Thursday, June 15, 2006

15th of June

I took a good at the calendar today….Gosh, we’re already midway into June… Half the year has gone by… What goals have I set for myself? Am I on track for them? Sadly…. Some yes, some no…

I remember starting the year with one thing on my mind: I wanna get my driving lessons this year!!! Sigh…. Months of procrastinating cos I have to physically get to the Driving Centre to book for my Basic Theory… and here I am today. No license, not even registered for my Basic Theory.

Cliché as it sounds… I gotta say it again, “How time flies!” How did 6.5 mths fly by just like that? I started working for Bro Nic full-time as his PA… he placed me in a room that’s nice and “secluded” with his Secretary… he switched me to another room that’s very public (people walk pass all the time, All that you do is for all to see… and yes that includes my messy table) … he flew here… he flew there… event after event …and man! It’s June 15!!

The 15th of every month has become a reminder that my wedding day is drawing near.. 15 October – just 4 months away… I’m feeling very excited actually… here and there I’ll imagine myself in my gown and Bruce in his dashing white suit… and the possibility of me tripping over my gown. Glup! At this point I’ll always get reminded that Bible says “As a man thinks, so is he”… and I’ll stop imagining the worst.

Just 4 months away …. Hmmm……. What would life without Mummy around to do my dishes/laundry be like? What would having to take care of a man be like? What would waking up daily next to the man I love so much be like? What would starting a family with him be like? What would it take to be his perfect Mrs Lee? Hmm ….

Seemed almost like yesterday when he proposed. Who would have guessed anyone would propose on his own birthday? What can I do… say NO on his birthday? Haha. Thanks to Sis Lillian, Bro Nic, Kenneth, Kevin and E78 core members that made it happen for him…. The proposal was indeed a memorable one. We were at Lawry’s Ribs in Paragon…. Ate a very long and slow dinner… Actually the food wasn’t fantastic… but it was a classy place to be in. I wanted to go after we were done with the main course, Bruce say “Maybe there’s a desert?” Hmm… I don’t remember seeing that on our set menu… Anyway, he’s the king of the night so I just waited. At the corner of my eye I saw a waitress walking across the restaurant with a bouquet of roses. Hmm… she’s walking closer and closer to me… Could it be for me? …. No, it can’t be…It’s his birthday, why would he give me flowers? But she did stop in front of me eventually. Hmm…I gave Bruce a puzzled look. Then he said “Look out of the window.” (We were sitting at a table by the window). I looked down and saw a few metres long banner with the words “WILL YOU MARRY ME?” A blushing, shy Bruce Lee presented me a Sookee diamond ring & asked if he needed to get on his knees. I recalled telling Joy she’s so silly not to ask Bro Lester to kneel in public when she was proposed to a few mths earlier… so I said to Bruce, “Why not?” Ahaha…. To all girls, this is your one-and-only chance to get them to get on their knees…. Why waste it? Of course…. I gave my shy, demure nod. Hee hee…. Then, Bro Nic & Sis Lillian appeared from nowhere to congratulate us… and the banner-kaki cheered for us when we met them downstairs later. Thanks guys… for braving the stares by standing in the middle of Orchard Paragon holding a banner– all for us. Thanks a lot. Especially Kenneth who rushed down to support and coordinate for Bruce although Qin was sick that night. Kevin for rushing to get the flowers. E78 for your answer to Bruce’s last minute call for a banner. You see… he had been planning for a proposal but haven’t exactly decided when to act. That afternoon, when he was driving around at work, he suddenly felt today it shall be! And the CG got the black cloth, paint etc… and made it happen for their leader!

It was almost a perfect surprise. Why almost? Because the Holy Spirit "played" Bruce out. I was shopping around with Winnie before meeting him for a good half an hour. She had a wedding to attend and as usual, she had to buy a dress to attend a wedding. So there I was, giving her comments and all …. Suddenly I looked into the mirror and felt for the 1st time in the entire day that what I’m wearing is not nice enough for the occasion. It was a very intense, gotta-do-something-about-it feeling. I told Winnie I need to change. For the next 20 mins, we combed through the shops in Heeren and finally found something decent enough. Father God wanted me to look my best when Bruce proposed. =) Also, there were tell-tale signs that made me know that proposal was on his mind… He kept asking how I knew he was the one for me etc… Men!! And I pranced upon Bro Lester’s sms to him a week earlier.. offering Bruce some Sookee benefits. Haha…almost a perfect surprise. But it sure was sweet… Thanks for everything Dear! Thank you God for choosing a proposal day for us, coordinating by leading both of us byUour SPirit and making all things beautiful & possible.

That was December. 6.5 month have passed. We have scouted and decided for our bridal, hotels, matrimony venues… did our budgeting and guest lists… seen almost 10 flats before deciding on 1 in Khatib…taken our bridal shots… Wedding is a major project indeed.

Outlook for next 4 months? Deciding our new home’s design… overseeing it, scouting for appropriate furnishings, revision of guest lists, arranging buffets and other stuff… Above all, rest well so that we’ll look our best on 15 Oct. So thankful for dear friends around that are so excited about our wedding… Haha. Let’s all commit it to God and trust that it’ll be a beautiful wedding eh?

The count-down continues…

5 Comments:

Blogger KennethTeo said...

Yeah, who can forget that day when bruce proposed.. Not only did Bruce got down on his knees, But i think the whole E78 got down on their knees to scrub the floor.. haha. Anyway, Please do NOT teach the other sisters (esp those not married yet) the wrong culture of getting the man to kneel down to propose.. What era izit already? 2006 leh.. Guys don't wear big red ribbons on their chest anymore.. It's time for females to propose.. And all of God's men say "AMEN!!!"

2:13 PM  
Blogger Mummy Kless said...

How more rubbishy can it get, Mr kenneth? Kneeling down to propose is very man's duty and every woman's right! Hehe.. Better start training your knees..

2:59 PM  
Blogger Hazel aka Qin said...

Yea, Sis Kless, Preach it!

Hee...

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahha..wat ken said is right wat era le??anyway got ya blog, keep informin e mbr of E78 to look into it!!hahah...hard selling your blog..haha.do write down more bout bruce of e things we don no!haha..we cant wait 4 ya wedding too!!!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Cynical Bastard said...

Yes time flies doesn't it? in another mth's time I'll be leaving Malaysia for Thailand, starting another chapter of my life. Hopefully this new path will bring me closer to my dreams.

It's a mixture of happiness and incredibility to know that u are getting married @ 25. I love u as my own sis and would wish for nothing mor than to see only the best for you. No doubt that Bruce will love and cherish u always, and vice versa.

There are a thousand and one things I would like to chat with you, but I sense now might not be the right timing. Hopefully such chances might surface in the future. Bless u, and my soon to be cousin in law. ( If that's what they call it...hmm...)

Chop

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home