dReAmYLaNd

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Bye Bye...my Green Green Grass of Home

This post is dedicated to the grassfield in front of my Sengkang flat. So... it's going to be in green, grEEn and more GREEN.

There is a patch of grassfield in front of my block. For those of you who have been to my house... you would know how pleasantly relaxing it was to lay on my L-shape sofa and look over the field through my full-length window panel. At times... I would just lay there.. look at the field...stare at the blue blue sky with its fluffy clouds... and appreciate the serenity of Sengkang. The GREEN ... together with my chamomile tea ...soothes me big time .. and now... it's gone!!

A HDB magazine years ago revealed plans of building a school over that patch of green. But nothing much went on there. In my 5 1/2 years.. that patch was very much unutilised... its only functions were being a homeland for an entire empire of grasshoppers and toads... soccer field for some people to play some light soccer...kite-flying site for some super-on families.... sometimes during Qi-Yue (7th month) they erect worship stuff over there and DONG DONG DONG for one whole week.... occassionally it is also vandalised by some folks who insist on burning incense paper on the poor grass.

Since last week, the bulldozers and cranes came onto my patch of green. Day by day... from my window...I oversee how they slowly striped it off.. The greens are slowly replaced by sand & gravel. Everyday the workers start working at 8am sharp. (What a wonderful alarm clock they serve as). They've erected the workers quarters and put up the big MOE signature "Moulding the future of our nation" all around the perimeter of my field.

Looks like it's going to go on for at least the next few months..... Up will come a school and gone will be my grass. One the things that destresses me will soon be replaced by school bells, early morning "Mari Kita"... screams and chatter coming from the school.

Bye bye my grassfield....Thanks for a good 5 years of companionship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home