dReAmYLaNd

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Thick skin... Thin hearts

Some changes lately.. everyone is in the midst of adjustments... New environment.. new people... new style of working..I believe it's going to be ok.. Just like how the sand "rubs" against the bigger pebbles in the bottle and causes some friction when you try to add the sand in... we should settle down after this period of friction.... we better do.

Thank God for moulding us all these while.... all of us have thick skin and thin hearts. That's what Qingyuan always say.... I think it's very true... Generally.. we are quick to say sorry... "repent" and bounce back fast... As if we're thick-skinned people who forgot just how embarrassing & hurtful it was. Actually the truth is not because we're thick-skinned... the truth is we have a soft heart.

Let this be a revelation to you -- he who is able to submit is GREATER than he who is not able to. Submission is a strength and not a weakness.

I wanna thank God for all my leaders ... I believe each one of them is placed above me for a reason... There's something to learn from each of them. I wanna thank God for my leaders who defend me and "block arrows" for me... If you think you are so great just because you are soft enough to submit to your leaders... your leaders are even greater.. cos they submit to even greater leaders (and yes that often translates to greater discipleship). I wanna thank God for my fellow CGLs ... our buddy talks mean so much to me.... Thank you for your support. All of u make serving such a fun thing...

Thick skin.... thin hearts... that's the way to go if you want to continue to serve God. Until then... you're probably better of just where you are. Cos I'll foresee you falling into depression, low self-esteem and bitterness and hardening your hearts...

Submission is a test of whether you are serving because of a calling or for your own ego. You will hang on to your ministry no matter how severe the discipleship is.. because it is a calling, not a choice. And the call of God is honorable & irrevocable.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well SAID!

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its fun coming in once in a while and reading up on how you are doing ... keep it up!! :-)

7:21 PM  
Blogger KennethTeo said...

True.. It's a high calling.. no wonder the bible tells us to walk worthy of our calling.... time to wake up and smell the coffee..

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home