dReAmYLaNd

Monday, June 19, 2006

XVIII

1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10..11..12..13.14..15..16..17..18!

Today marks 18 months between Bruce and me!
Compared to Ken & Qin's 100 months this may seem like a far cry...
Then again... every couple that celebrate 100 mths celebrated 18 mths at some pt... First 18, then 100... Never depise the days of small beginnings... Haha!

We didn't go anywhere special today...
No romantic candlelight dinner...
No stroll by the beach ...
No counting stars...
No flowers...
No gifts...

But Bruce did something that made my day -- He picked me up after work! It's been a long time since he did that ... Not that he "backslided" or something... but because he's not free in the night for so long.. Not possible to pick me up. I was so happy when he said he was coming to pick me. I felt like the most fortunate woman in the whole wide world. "My dear's coming to pick me!" Thinking of that kept me smiling all the way from my office to International Plaza where I was to meet him.

I always thought ... one of the best thing a girl can ask for is a guy to pick her to work and back home. This... to me is called xin fu. This idea has been with me for 6 years now... I was rushing somewhere one day, waiting for a cab in a rather long queue. Along came a lady who found a nearby chair ... sat down... pullled out a magazine and started reading it ...she totally didn't look like she's bothered at all by the crowd... Image of laid-back classiness & beauty. Shortly after, a car pulled up towards her and stopped. It's her boyfriend/hubby and off she went. For years I thought the coolest thing is for a girl to be successful, own and drive her own car. Now I think it's to find someone who dotes on you so much to pick you up even if it may not be the most convenient thing for him to do. I was 19 then. Never regretted renewing my mind.

Thought one of your goals this year is to become a driver? Yes. Because I also think the next most xin fu thing to do is to drive my kids around next time... shopping... fetch them to school.. go pick Daddy if he's busy somewhere .... drive to supermarket to do my marketing ...

Sigh... I'm in dreamyland again......




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah!!! so XIN FU ohx!! got people come and fetch you! so envy of you!!

2:28 AM  
Blogger +-=-Ming Wei-=-+ said...

Ya lor. Xin Fu Wo Yao De Xin Fu ... haha then you got to treasure this Xin Fu in order to have the everlasting Xin Fu. And next time you can share the Xin Fu to your kids and friends too. Xin Fu .keke

12:54 PM  
Blogger Kristie Wong said...

wow... xing fu xing fu...Congrats worz!!!

yes, after 18 months, will be 100 months, then 18 Years!!!! :-)

10:46 PM  
Blogger KennethTeo said...

Yes, It is really great to be driven.. So one day Tioman ah.. haha If u know what I mean.. Let you both be super Xin Fu.. Finally i can read your blog without having errors. Ha

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home