dReAmYLaNd

Sunday, June 25, 2006

It's finally up!

Finally... my sickening 56kbps Singnet-Dialup at home is working perfectly!! Please gimme 5 mins to defend myself before you conclude that I am a obsolute nut.

I was using Starhub Cable when I was in NUS... endless stuff to download... catching online lectures etc. Upon graduating, I discovered there's no need for cable at home cos there's broadband in office, church, even Macs. So I cancelled my Cable and have ever since been stuck with my 56kbps. When I finally decided to use it.. even searching for the dial-up installation software on Singnet was rather tough. Who talks about 56kbps nowadays?!! I'm pretty sure some of the Primary school kiddos dun even have a clue to what it is. Sigh....

So for the past few months ...I have been plugging the telephone line... clicking the dial-up button and hearing the all-familiar "di di bu du du .... Eeeee.... Eeeee..... Zzzzzz .... Eeee....eeee" before I finally logon. Phew, what an ordeal!

But there was one problem. I could only surf selected websites like DBS, Singnet, surprisingly Prudential and government websites. Hardly could survive without sites like Yahoo, Google... cannot update my bloggy when I'm home.... =(( Really tempted to get my broadband back but the thought of moving in 3 months time makes it seem not worthwhile.

Finally, I found something on Singnet that might help me. BINGO! I AM FREE TO SURF ALL I WANT NOW, BLOG ALL I WANT. Of course I am limited by the ultra "lightning speed" of 56kbps. But slow is better than none.

Contentment is one's greatest gain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home